These are excerpt from my life experiences.

Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Wonderful memories of Jhansi from 1981 onwards

After completing the tenure of Lucknow posting I met the then Chief Engineer and requested that I should be transferred to Allahabad again as my children were getting education at Allahabad .I also told him that I had completed the quota of design and Investigation and planning .On this argument the then C E told me that he was unable to send me back to Allahabad and More so I had remained at Allahabad for about 8 years and the rule permitted was only for 3 years in any district. I then replied that C E could post me any where in UP and I would not mind.So he posted me to Jhansi UP.and I was very happy that I was getting the same district from where my wife belonged.I immediately joined my duties in 4 Th sub division of Irrigation Construction Division 6 Th Jhansi. I here point out from the date I did B E ( civil ) I was posted for the first time in Civil construction division in the previous years I was continuously being posted in mechanical divisions.After taking over I remained there for about 3 to 4 months and went to Allahabad to bring school certificates of children .I returned to Jhansi along with family.Anu got the admission in St Marry "s convent school so easily but there was a problem with Montoo as he passed from St Anthony "s school Allahabad .I told the Mr Augustin who was principal of Christ The KIng school Jhansi that my child was very intelligent and got good marks but he took him after difficulty and warned us that if he failed or could not get good marks in 6 class he would be reverted in the lower class.So after getting the admission We brought our luggage and car to Jhansi in May 1982.We on loaded the house hold material at the newly constructed type 4 residence at Dhukwan colony Jhansi. Alas in month of June 1982 there was a theft in my residence when my wife 's cousin brothers were staying .It was a great theft and I reported the matter to police but nothing could be traced.In my sub division the work of construction of staff quarters and type 4 residences in Sukhwan and Dhukwan colony were in progress .I remember that once a huge quantity of cement was received at JHANSI railway station in month of April and the cement was being unloaded from the coaches when the rain occurred and I had faced a difficult phase of life to save cement from getting wet and set .As I had not having space to store it I had to transfer it to other Divisions at the railway station .Some of the cement was carted to Lahchura Dam site in stores there .When I entered a newly constructed residence it also was leaking.Later on we had to do the tar felt coating on the roofs to stop leakages.I had been in charge of Dongri dam where the earth work in filling was in progress .The work was compacted and field soil tests were conducted to ensure complete safety of dam.Later on I was transferred i was transferred to I C D and I was given the charge of Lahchura Dam which was situated in Harpal Pur ChhaturGarh District.There were excavation work going on in rocky area and we had excavated material at site .I used to stay at Lahchura dam inspection house and it was a nice place.As I was the senior most AE I was given charge of I and P division 2 JHANSI
which was newly created at Jhansi and the recards were carried from Banda.As the records were being transported from Banda it so happened that some of the clerks also sat on the truck and got some injuries when truck was passing under the road barrier. I had got them admitted in the hospital.Here at Jhansi I had filed a case for promotion from the post of A E To E E and got senior grade and selection grade from the back date from the court.Later on I got promotion to the post of E E in month of MAY 1990 and was given the charge of attached post in the Chief Engineer ( BUNDEL KHAND) office.Jhansi. This was my the happiest day and I was in the seventh heaven of delight .The cause of my delayed promotion was that I was considered to be mechanical as I remained in tube well divisions for many years and left from being promoted .As E E attached in CE office I was given charge of checking the projects and estimates at chief engineer level. I was also sometimes given charge of some Divisions which fell vacant on account of some E E s who went on leave.I took charge of I C D 5 Jhansi also.Sh S C Mishra was my chief and he used to regard me so much.I remember him and wish him to be alright where ever he is. Before the posting of Sh S C Mishra CE my CE was SH Abdul Rahim who was also a nice officer.At Jhansi I remained much of time and cont forget the sweet memories..................and the place where I GOT MY FIRST PROMOTION.

No comments: