These are excerpt from my life experiences.

Monday, January 14, 2008

Meerut Posting in Invetigation and Plannig as Executive Engineer

I remained at Meerut on the post of Executive Engineer from June 1993 to January 1997 .Here my period was peaceful in general baring some sad incidents. I was Lucky enough that my efforts bore fruits and I was promoted to the post of Superintending Engineer and got the Investigation and Planning circle Roorkee.Again I had to leave my family for some time at Meerut as I told that my both of my children were down with fever of chicken pox.I had shifted my luggage to Roorkee in June 1997 although I took the charge as S E in January 1997.We had good time at Roorkee and we had good accommodation near the canal.Later on again I got a good S E "s residence and it was was number one in Roorkee.I remained here for some time .Here I tell you that Montoo got the job in Delhi in some good company regarding computers .I did some mistake and applied to the U P govt that I might be transferred to Delhi or Okhla as there was a rule that last posting could be given near the home district.On this application I was ordered that I should join as S E Irrigation Works Circle 3 Gorakhpur on 2 June 1998 and the whole circle with records and staff was transferred to Gorakhpur.As it was matter of 6 months prior to retirement we had no shifted completely .I along with my wife went to Gorakhpur and stayed in A Inspection house and later on got the type 4 residence in Gandak canal colony In year 1998 there was great floods many earthen bunds of Gorakhpur were washed away due to floods and water being released from Nepal.I had seen so much water all around .Once it was feared that water might enter in Gorakhpur also.it was also said that highest rainfall had occurred and it had broken the records of last 100 years.Continuing...................

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hello sir,
this is a b.tech 2nd yr student(ec)
of M.M.M engg cllg,gorakhpur.my father is a J.E in irrigation who has currently been transferred to gorakhpur and alloted a residence
in new gandak colony.Today i was searching for the colony on google and got your link first.you have mentioned about your posting at roorkee.It is a coincidence that i have been to your kothi no 1.My mama Mr A.K Jindal has also served as S.E in roorkee and dwelled there.well i just wanted to interact to u sir.....ur blog was nice........bye