These are excerpt from my life experiences.

Sunday, January 6, 2008

Movement from H.No.7809/5 Allias Building Bara HIndu Rao New Delhl -110005To Allahabad U P

Continuing the memories of Allahabad I remember that one day at night at Handia there was great nose that leopard might strike and as such we had to keep all the doors closed and also we had lighted fire to scare away the animal.the staff of the colony used to say that the leopard could jump the boundary wall of the house.Any nothing happened.But we had started to get the better sub division at Allahabad .Luckily the re organisation of the sub division took place and I got the sub division whose head quarter at Allahabad.In new set up I had retained some tube wells of Handia and Saidabad and handed over the charge of PratapPur section to other A E .As such I had to stay at Handia for about 6 months in year 1973 .I shifted to Allahabad and stayed in hotel for sometime and then I got one accommodation on rent .This hose was located in Alopi Bagh near GITA NIKETAN MANDIR.I was holding this house for my office cum residence.Alopi Bagh is located near Dara Ganj Allahabad.Here we got friend ship with Sh J.C.Batra and family who were living opposite to our house.The rented house pertained to Col. Khare who was a nice fellow.I got Anu admitted in Golden JUBLEE ENGLISH MEDIUM SCHOOL ,civil Lines Allahabad at the age about 3 years.And she used to go to school on rickshaw.After some time she got admission in Saint Merry Convent School.I remember that birth day Of Montoo when the staff and contractors and some villagers and neighbours assembled and some of the contractors opened fire in the air as mark of happiness on the auspicious occasion.I just fondly remember the moments when I used to sit in my office and do the work Montoo used to sit me and some times used to sleep and I used to ask some body to take him in side .All the staff used to love him very much .In year 1975 it was proposed that Mundan ceremony of Montoo should be performed and all the relatives were invited from Delhi.We had a good gathering and all the function was organised in befitting manner. Here our neighbour s were of very good nature.On the left side Banerji family was living and on the right side Mr Singh used to live.On the gate of Mr Singh house it was written that ," KUTE SE SAVDHAN , and Keere SE Savdhan," and Montoo in his childhood used to read as .TEERE SE SAVDHAN and TUTTE SE SAVDHAN"When I used to go for evening walk he used to sit on my shoulders and I showed him the moon happily and enjoying.
Continune

3 comments:

Sethi's Blog said...

Now we are getting some where. I

Unknown said...

Dear sri sethi
Your Remembrance brought back my memories of Allahabad as my parent's house was located adjucent to GITA NIKETAN address 188B Alopi BAGH my Parents wewe Mr VP Rastogi and Pratibaha Rastogi retired from education department.
I myself have retired and settled in Dehradun. I also did my BTech (hons0 from IIT Kharagpur and then Joined IOFS.We shifted from Alopi Bgh in 2001.
look forward to hearing from you.

JG Sethi said...

Dear Rastogi
I welcome your memories and I was living in House no 190 Alopibagh Allahabad It is just a coincidence that we were neighbourers just a house number away from your house No 188 alopibagh.We can share the old memories.One of our relative is still living there.He is a owner of Bajaj Electrical showroom in civil Lines near Elchico .Strange that I could not remember him when we met in some relatives marriage at Panchsheel club in South DelhiPlease do commnicate if you happen to read this blog
yours
Jgsethi