These are excerpt from my life experiences.

Thursday, January 17, 2008

Life at Saket New Delhi after retirement

After we had set up on the first floor we were facing problems with the tenant at G F who started harassing us by not giving any rent for the last 2 years and on the other hand started demanding money for vacating the ground floor.his demand was not acceptable and I had to go to the Court for justice and after about one year it was decided that the house in question was to be vacated .the tenant then locked the G F and shifted some where else.One day he was about to sublet the G F and I had to call the police He after great difficulty was convinced by the police that he should vacate. He then agreed and gave me the keys of G F .when we saw the condition 0f G F it was in a bad shape .even the floor was broken and we had to spend about 3 Lacs to renovate.Now we shifted to G. F .The tenant on the B F was some Afghans refugee. His term in India was over and he was migrated to USA and thus the B F was also vacated by good luck.As Afghan's was vacating he did not give keys to me and the keys were with one of his relative.He was also reluctant and made so many excuses but I had to be harsh with him so he also vacated .Once I met the SDM who told me that I did a mistake to give the whole house on rent .I admitted that I was not aware the bad conditions in Delhi.He also pointed out that no body gives the house on rent to Kashmir's and Afghans and I had made a blunder in that way .i had so much praise that they helped me whenever I was in need of it being a senior citizen.So some body also suggested that I should call my daughter and family and son 's family and live in our own house and it would be safe.One day it so happened that I felt pain of Hernia and this time from right side .With the help of Dr Ahuja I had got it operated from Maharajah Agersain Hospital Passim Vihar.In the same hospital I got the rod of Montoo extracted from his right leg .It was OK and then Montoo felt better and I thanked GOD for successful operations. Shashi was operated upon in Apollo hospital and his gal bladder was removed and after that she felt better.Again she had to be operated as the plate fitted in her right hand became loose due the reason that the bolts were broken and as such new plate had been fitted with 8 bolts.The doctors say that now there is a less space near elbow it is advisable to carry on and avoid any fall or injury and that we should respect the pain and take precautions in future.Further operation will be risky and the success rate is only 5 to 10 % that too in foreign countries. We are taking special care as per instructions of the doctors and are hoping against hopes.

"A thing of beauty is a joy for ever its loveliness increases it will never fade in to nothingness"

After settling down at saket there was only one work left that was the marriage of my son. As Montoo was residing in America at Atlanta so it was a great job to concentrate on how to find a good match for my son, with great effort and lastly through news paper we had short listed some of the girls and waited for my son to come and finalized the matter, on final day Montoo came and then we started looking around for the good match few days later we came across Noopur our beloved daughter in law, the marriage was like a rapid fire round it was very quick so quick that we didn’t even had time for look around as Montoo had to leave for Us along with Noopur. All the process of Araya samaj marriage including register marriage in court was hurriedly done and we had completed the arrangements in a week’s time daughter in law and Montoo took the flight to USA as per fixed date.


No comments: