These are excerpt from my life experiences.

Saturday, January 19, 2008

Life at Saket New Delhi after retirement

Continuing with love for children I remember that I used to narrate the one story which I had heard when I was in Class 5 th in Ramjas School Karol Bagh New Delhi . This story was entitled as MITHAI KA DESH".I think I told this story to Montoo as well as to ANU. Now I had told this story to their children Ashi , SONI ,etc.I used to tell the story of BOB the builder to Soni and it was a good time pass and I used to relish by telling the stories like Ramayana and Mahabharata etc. to kids .I also sometimes narrated poems to kids like ,"Twinkle twinkle little star ,How I wonder what you are, Up above the world so high , like a diamond in the sky " and counting poem like " one two buckle my shoe three four shut the door five six pick up the stick seven eight lay them straight nine ten a big fat hen. "
I had read only one novel " David Copperfield "that too in the text book of 10 Th class and I remember some of the characters , Dora and some of the sentences uttered by the aunt ,"When a man eats less , sleeps less, and talks less there is always lady in the case " and another character , Mr Micawber who used to say, good thing may turn up and he was involved in some case and when he was to be hanged then some one asked him whether he was hopeful any good news to that he replied that some thing good would surely turn up and wonder that an order from high Court came and he was taken down from the gallows " I still remember a few lines of some poem " .Belshazzar at his throne moving to and fro " and another lines from the poem The Pied Piper of Hamlin , " Lunch on crunch on take your luncheon, and another old poem , ," Radiant of features regal of mean , seven hand maids for the Persian queen "

No comments: