These are excerpt from my life experiences.

Monday, January 7, 2008

Allahabad memories

While when I was holding charge of store sub division I was ordered to attend the auction of burnt copper wire in Baghara stores in Allahabad .As I was holding the auction in stores I noticed that some robbers known as Bharata Daku appeared 0n the scene.They were 3to 4 in numbers .The highest bidder was a party from Meerut.The party was carrying some money about Rs 80000/to be deposited in Division office as the security .As there was frightened scene in the stores the party immediately
passed on the bag containing money to his son .The party at that point alleged that we had invited the robbers which was quite wrong.I inquired from the robbers that how they knew that the auction was to be held in the stores.They informed that they had all the information s. They further added that they also go the auction in defence also.Then They immediately ordered that the party who was successful would be liable to pay their tax which they announced to be 10 % of the total bid amount.I inquired from them whether they came to our store earlier ? to this question they replied that they had taken some bags of grain earlier.This grain was stored in store for distribution to the tube well operators against food for work programme in those days.
The store keeper had to make good the loss to govt by the store keeper from his own pay.On seeing this scene the driver of jeep also wanted some money and he stopped the jeep and he asked that he could not drive jeep in such a dangerous situation when there were so many rifles.The party was scared and paid some money to the driver and requested the driver to leave him safely to Division office.The driver again stopped that he wanted more from the party as the robbers were chasing us .The party any how again paid some more money and we reached division office I then narrated the whole story to the then E E,As I was complaining against the driver regarding his high handedness and bad behavior the driver immediately levelled factitious charges against me.At this I was very much annoyed .In the division office I reported that no auction could be held and that he would conduct the auction in future if the proper police protection was given
Another incident I remember when I was given to start work on certain tube well and the villagers were opposing the alignment of the gul and they had made hut on the govt land and the land was properly acquired properly under land Acquisition Act.At this Point I had to call the PAC (Provincial Armed constabulary).As the work started the villagers started pelting stones on us and on e stone hit the then J E sh Maqbool Alam he was rushed to hospital. Under pressure from the villagers the then E E and SE had to change the alignment of the water channel (gul)To narrate this story I want to convey that to adhere to rules was not easy in those days also as is the situation now .I also tend to convey that Allahabad was a very sensitive place and it was not easy to serve there.In those days it was commonly known that Allahabad had produced 3 Prime Ministers for India.
After so much turmoil I was transferred to Phulpur Sub Divisin of Allahabad .The Phulpur Tehsil used to be the constituency of Late Shrimati Vijay Laxmi Pandit ( Sister of Late Sh Jawahar Lal Nehru ji )As Phulpur was about 30 to 40 Km away from Allahabad I had not shifted my family to Phulpur as the children were getting education at Allahabad.I had to go to Phulpur daily to attend my duties there.One day it so happened my son was not well and I returned from the site very late as there was no means available I found Shashi weeping and Mr J.C Batra was attending my son.Mr J .C Batra was a good homeopath .Due to his help my son was alright after taking his prescribed medicine.I am grateful to him for his timely help.I also con"t forget his annoyance that I was not attending my son and just doing the govt duty.I was understanding that the advice of Mr Batra was perfectly alright.I wish that I could meet him as he has shifted here in Delhi but since long I could not contact him .
As reported that Mr Jain who was my E E long ago became my SE again at Allahabad.He once called me to his office and told me that he wanted to inspect the tube wells in my sub division in Phulpur section.When he was inspecting the tube well he ordered me to show him where was the mistry kit and volt metre and ampere meter etc .At this he left me on the way and I could come back to headquarter by the help of J E who brought me back.I did"t know what was wrong with me as such I refuted some of the charges and tried to pull on with him.Once I felt as soon as I noticed him I used to start vomit ting due high blood pressure.Lastly he gave me a very good report .By that time it so happened that his mother was ill and admitted in Ram Manohar Lohia Hostital NEW DELHI My SE approached me that I should help him as I was a resident of Delhi .I took leave and came to Delhi and attended
his ailing mother Smt Angoori Devi Once so happened that the medicine was needed at night so I had to rush to SAHIB SINGH AND SONS CHEMIST at cannaught Place NEW DELHI .This chemist shop remained opened 24 hours .Once I had to take lift of ambulance to bring the medicine.Although his mother could not survived but we did our
best .I pray to GOD that the departed souls should rest in peace under the Divine feet of ALMIGHTY GOD.

No comments: