These are excerpt from my life experiences.

Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Allahabad memories

Another interesting took place when I was entrusted a job to organise a budget meeting in the tubewell circle Allahabad and I being the SDO headquarters was seeing the arrangements.During the meeting when the SE was served with biscuits and tea ..As soon S E Mr Jain saw me That I was looking after the arrangements he inquired me whether that arrangement was mine I replied in the affirmative and he had a glance on the biscuits Ware it was written as A B C and he then got annoyed to the extreme and told me whether I was teaching him the ABC.I replied that ABC meant only Annapurna Biscuit Company and How could I teach ABC to the worthy SE.On this reply the meeting came to an early halt as the S E waved his hands in rage and all the tea cups were broken .I told my E E Sh Sarin That I told him earlier not to allow me to go in front of S E as he was annoyed with me since my posting at Meerut.In all I had to face a tough time in dealing with Se who was so inimical towards me.Later on he was transferred to Irrigation Workshop Circle KANPUR and I took a sigh of relief.He was befriended with me after a long time when I attended his mother ailing mother as I had mentioned earlier.When I was posted at I came in touch with the M L A
of PratapPur and Handia Sh Har Pratap Singh Yadav .I tried that I might be promoted but his Herculean efforts bore no fruits as the GOVT of U P . fell down and there were instructions that all the orders of previous govt were cancelled. That was my bad luck again.
Regarding the education of my children they were getting education in convent school.After completing the tenure at Allahabad I was transferred to Lucknow in Design Directorate in checking and co ordinating Division and Investigation circle and flood circle Lucknow.in year 1980 and remained there up to 1981 - 1982.I used to come to Allahabad from Lucknow some times daily or sometimes weekly to look after my family and kids.Life became very difficult.as there was no accommodation at Lucknow I had been living in Inspection House and later shifted to Darul Shaffa for some times. Darul Shaffa is huge building where the MLAs used to live.Here I had to sleep on the bare floor covered with mat or daries .These places are not worth living as the farmers used to keep on coming at any time disturbing all around.MLA S used to keep one room locked for himself and the rest two rooms were meant for their voters.Later on I was allotted a residence in Pari kulp Nagar near Pari Kulp Nidashalaya or C D D Lucknow.( Central Design Directorate)
I had commuted for about 2 years from Lucknow to Allahabad I had to get season pass made from Allahabad to Rai Bareily and from Rai Bareily to LUCKNOW.Some times I was stranded at some stations between Lucknow and Allahabad. I remember that once I was posted in flood duties and I had to communicate with police headquarters with wireless sets When I said," Ganga is rising "On the other side of the wireless set it was repeated by the police personal as " GOONDA IS RISING"With great difficulty we used to work on wireless sets.During my duty iI got the message that Bakshi Bund at Allahabad had breached and there was 4 to 5 feet water in the localities in Allahabad .I got perplexed and demanded leave to go to Allahabad .As I reached Allahabad I found water up to my shoulders deep.I kept my bag on my head and any how reached my house I found that my Fiat car was submerged in water and my family was sitting at the first floor and all the residents also took shelter on the roof tops.This time of condition remained for about 15 days and water receded from the colonies .I had to extend the leave on account of this.Later I was transferred to civil sub division at Jhansi and joined my duties at Jhansi. Continue................

No comments: