These are excerpt from my life experiences.

Thursday, January 17, 2008

Life at Saket New Delhi after retirement

After retirement I had booked my luggage to Saket and truck could not be unloaded as there was tenant in the first floor of my house.so truck had to wait for whole night and on the next day we could manage to unload the house hold material from the truck.As a matter of fact I came to Delhi as the tenant on the first floor had assured us that as soon as we were retired he would vacate the house and he had assured that he was a defence person and and that I could throw his luggage on the road if he did not keep his promise.Any way he vacated the house and we got the place to unload the truck .I was thankful to him .He wrote special letter of handing over with all the praise.Now the house was of very bad condition and we had to get it white washed and painted and there was all sorts of problems regarding water, electricity and property tax etc.I went to MCD and inquired from the office to find out the tax arrears I was shocked to note the property tax amounted to the tune of Rs 5 lacs was levied the worst of it that MCD had pasted a notice of auction and attachment of property.At the same time I met the authorities and they suggested that the property tax would be assessed on the cost of construction basis and it would be compared with rent agreements. At the same time I was advised to deposit a sum of Rs 1.50 lacs in three instalments of Rs 0.50 Lacs each .So I had to issue 3 cheques of Rs 50000/ each to settle the matter and summary trial was done and the matter was settled So I had to face the financial crunch.We temporarily stayed at Ghaziabad and carried on the work of white washing and painting on the first floor.In the mean while my mother in law was suffering from cancer and other complications and we had to attend her in Apollo hospital and later on at my brother in law "s house at Haus Khas New Delhi.After remaining in the hospital

she could not be treated and the hospital authorities had advised us to take her in the house and that she might get well in the homely atmosphere .She remained at the house after about 2 to 3 months but in spite of best efforts she could not become normal. One night as we were staying at Haus Khas we got a shock of life that on morning of 24 Th June 1999 she left for her heavenly abode.We all were in tears and as you know life is a great struggle and we all are just poppets in the hands of GOD THE ALMIGHTY.I along with our family members pay respectful sharandjali to the departed soul .

No comments: