These are excerpt from my life experiences.

Thursday, January 3, 2008

Meerut posting in Tube well Division and marriage in 1969 onwards

As the life was passing on I was transferred to Tubewell Division Meerut.I was given a attach room adjoining the division office located in Victoria Park .I was given the charge of tube wells in Meerut group , Douralla section and tube wells of DAHA DOUGHAT Section and Sardhana Section and that of Bhola Jhal Sections tubewells.These tubewells are running all the seasons of the year.As there is sugar cane crop the demand of water always there through out the year.Still I was maintaining the same lucky Land master car and inspected the tube wells by this car .One day a colleague of mine requested me to sell this car to him .I greed to sell the car to him for nominal price of Rs 4000/ only.I had a jeep in my sub division and I used to visit the Tube wells by jeep.I remember that the Daha inspection was in the interior and near Baghpat.There were about 300 tube wells in my sub division and I was responsible regarding their running and maintenance etc..Here my EE was SH B P HAJELEYand he was very nice person and I regarded him so much .As I had already mentioned that I was going to be married very soon after the Aligarh posting and that the auspicious time had come and I was engaged and marriage was fixed on 7/3/1969.Here I mention that the SE of Tubewell circleMeerut was again Sh R,N Tandon.whom I knew him from Aligarh.After the transfer of sh B.P Hajeley EE Sh. Jia Lal Jain EE took over.As I applied to the then E E for leave for my own marriage which was turned down on the plea that I could not be spared as so many tube wells were closed due to mechanical and hydel defects.I was put to a very serious situation .Then I went to SE for sanction of leave and he readily sanctioned the leave and informed the then E E I was sanctioned leave of 1 week or so.Such was the EE who was a hard task master.Any way after the marriage the whole staff of Meerut attended the reception and on this occasion I was given extention of leave and I went to Simla for our honey moon.I have to mention here that I did know the driving the car on the hilly tracks.we took a fiat car of my eldest brother and started our journey along with my brother and Bharjaiji and Jijaji.We travelled up to Ambala and I drived the car and after that we hired a driver ,The hilly journey was tough and I had a vomit ting sensation on the way and after taking medicine I was alright.We had gone to KUFRI and enjoyed the snow fall.This was our honey moon.I had my great respects to my brother who
unfortunately died in the road accident in year 1993.I pay my sharandjali to the departed soul and I feel that he is still with us.Now I pause and observe silence and resume on tomorrow......

No comments: