These are excerpt from my life experiences.

Sunday, December 30, 2007

Wonderful Memories of Aligarh posting in Tubewell Division

As I have been recollecting my old memories when the marriage of Chaudhary Ajit Singh was to take place at Aligarh the whole tubewell colony was converted into a highly protected area.Every where there were security persons in the colony and even police had taken position on the tree tops also D M of Aligarh Sh N S Sirohi was also having rounds of the colony and used to consult the officers of the Irrigation Department so as to ensure the complete safety .As the marriage party reached there was safety ring around T W colony.I remember that some students gathered there to press their demands,As chaudhary Charan singh Ji was sitting on puja in the marriage pandal no body was allowed to meet the CM.So the marriage was solemnised in a peaceful manner.My E E was a very simple person and was near retirement and if he would be given an extension he could have served for more period .As this was a policy matter and Chaudhary Charan Singh ji was a man of principal as such he had not given any extension to Sh Sukhbir Singh although he was related to Chaudhary Sahib.Sh Sukhbir Singh was a very humble person and some times whenever he used to meet Chaudhary sahib some he used to request me to accompany him to CM residence at Kalidass Marg at Luchnow.I remember that once Sh Sukhbir Singh was travelling by bus and his pocket was picked at ISBT Delhi .He had taken some money from my jijaji as he was to travel from Delhi to Dehradun.This incident pertained to the period after his retirement .As soon as he reached Dehradun he went to return the money to Sh O.P .Anand jijaji who was living in RACE COURCE mohalla in Dehradun .When my sisrter opened the door he immediately recognised her and said ," You are the sister of Sethi " He immediately returned and brought some sweets for my sister and also thanked her family for the help at the ISBT Bus Station Delhi. I have recollected my old memories and wish that where ever such noble family live they must be quite well.In irrigation department generally officers used to spend their night halt at inspection houses and used to do inspection early morning on the canal or tubewell service roads.Once it so happened that My E E Sh Sukhbir singh ji went there on inspection on the canal side some robbers robbed him and he returned empty pocket and narrated this story. continuing..............................

No comments: