These are excerpt from my life experiences.

Friday, December 21, 2007

My wonderful first posting as A.ssistant Engineer Irrigation Department at Mainpuri in 1963 onwards

Continuing the first posting at Mainpuri I remember that the part friction disc usually got damaged due to continuous running and heating .This disc used to be of fibrous material.In those days this disc used to be imported and we were experiencing a great difficulty.I asked my brother to help me to over come that difficulty.He was very much expert in making some Jugar(Temporary arrangement)He contacted a mechanic and in Motia Khan and got a friction disc manufactured locally from brass metal with linnig of heat resistant material.From this disc we had over come the difficulty for ever .We are grateful to my brother who is now no more in this world .Now I pay my respects to the noble soul of my brother.I remember one incident when I fell ill and was bed ridden and I sent a message to my brother with a short note that I was suffering with high fever and that the short note should be treated as a telegram me.The person was vi sting Delhi for his own work but forgot to deliver the message and after a month he delivered the message to my brother .On seeing the letter my brother along with my respected Bharjaiji came to Mainpuri.As they entered into my house I was busy at that time playing badminton.My bharjaiji started shouting at me on the point that Why I had written the sentence that the letter be treated as telegram.For this I begged pardon and explained that I was seriously ill when I wrote but by the passage of time I recovered.I remember their visit at Mainpuri I bow my head and feel grateful to my brother who is in heaven at the feet of THE ALMIGHTY GOD. As I referred above that My EE was a very jolly fellow and always upto some kind of recreation activities.Once he called meeting at his residence and invited some magician who used to hypnotise a person and do all sorts of magic tricks.I vividly remember that he called me on the stage and inquired what my wish was?I told him that I wanted to know where I would be married? he told me after some calculations that I would be married with a girl who would belong to the town and the town"s name would start with alphabet "J".He again asked me to look into the glass of water and what I wanted to see the image.To his quarry i replied that i wanted to see Saira Banu the actress .The then hit me on my head from the behind and asked me to look again the glass and believe it I saw Saira Banu dancing in the glass just like a doll.Although i never believed all these tricks even then I got proposals for marriage from town firstly was l from Jaipur .This first proposal was not materialised.Secondly again I got a proposal from Jhansi and now I am proud father of my son and daughter and grand father of a grand daughter.I am also so much attached with children Aanya Ash and Amitabh (Soni) I may consider it just a coincidence or luck. My first posting was very much eventful. In year 1964 the Panki Power House at Kanpur had a problem and the whole Kanpur plunged into darkness.A canal wire message came to my sub division that all the machines such as bull dozers drag line machines be shifted to Kanpur for excavation work there.There was no other alternative except carting through canal road.All the equipments were carted to Kanpur and I noticed that some gates were damaged which were later on repaired by the department.But all the good work done by me invited some audit objections which were replied as the whole work was done in the interest of work.My seniors always helped me for which I felt grateful to them. In those days the AE had all the financial powers .I remember that once payment of about Rs 7 lakhs was to be made against the agreement of SE and the representative asked me to do the payment immediately as he had come all the way from Calcutta.He used a word that I was sitting tight on the file.To this disgraceful remarks I told him that he should first fulfill the conditions of the agreement only then the payment could be made.I wanted the machine to be carted to the site which was Achhalda station near Mainpuri.Later on he felt sorry and took back his remarks .The final payment was made only the machine were assembled at site .Higher officers used to believe and had full confidence on their subordinates THIS WAS MY FIRST Good Impression at that time .Later on I will tell you how this impression slowly diminished as my service progressed and delayed promotions.

No comments: