These are excerpt from my life experiences.

Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Roorkee University in year 1959 onwards upto 1963

During the engineering we enjoyed the our course and were proud to be engineer.During the tenure of Sh. G N Pandey as VC the university was expanded and there were so many parks developed.We could find greenery all our the university campus.Roads were also laid in those years.After completing the course we came back to our respective homes with satisfied frame of minds and I completed the B.E. Civil . My name was registered in employment bureau which was recently opened in the University campus in those years.I got interview letters but not enjoyed any where .I got short term commissioned post of 2nd LT from defence as there was great demand of engineers due to war in 1962.I was also given chance to get post of Supervisor grade one in MES on borders roads but sent a telegram regarding ill health.On seeing this my Bauji got annoyed and told us (including my brother who had done his Bsc) either we had to do some job or we might not get food from the house and that our beds would be lay ed in open or we would be shifted to the factory.The idea was to do something to earn our livelihood .He also told us to work hard and we would get success in our lives.He used to utter the sher ...." Mehnat karo azizo mahnat se kam hoga , kaheten hain jise waqt aa kar gulam hoga"On that day I went to Town Hall in MCD office and showed my degree of B E Civil to MR RAO the chief planning engineer and he soon gave me the appointment to the post of Graduate Section Officer in the planning department in engineering section.I worked in MCD for 3 to 4 months on this post but I could not get the pay as my medical test was not received.During medical test Doctor reported that I was having Hernia and as such I was not fit for govt job involving field work.I then pressed that I got the job in planning section as such medical fitness might be given.He gave that certificate so late that I received offer from Irrigation Department UP and was called for interview for the post of Assistant Engineer ( a class two gazetted post)in year 1963)I went to Allahabad and was immediately got selected .I then appeared in front of medical board and was given fitness certificate.I remember when I was appearing for medical before the civil surgeon who could not find some identification mark on my face and such jokingly remarked that my mother took so much care of me that she had not allowed to fall down and as such no identification marks on the face .I was much proud of my mother who took so much care during my childhood.I bow my head to the departed soul in great respects.While going to UP for service I requested my friend Sh Sohan Lal Arora to hand over the pay of my period to my mother when the name was received from MCD. I authorised Mr Arora for this purpose.Later on I got the information that the pay was duly handed over by my friend to my mother.This was the type of morality among friends and colleagues.I was also tired of my locality people as most of the people used to come and requested my father to get some work of sanction and licence etc done as I was in MCD.I had do the social work and could not sit for my work for which I was being paid by the MCD.This was also the reason which compelled me to leave the MCD job.Moreover I was also getting the higher post which attracted me for my move to join the U P cadre job .in year 1963.

No comments: