These are excerpt from my life experiences.

Thursday, December 27, 2007

Aligarh Posting another wonderful memories of year 1965 to 1969

Contnuing the Aligarh posting I remember that the then SE was late Sh . R N T andon.He was my the best guide .It was so coincidence that he taught us the mechanical workshop during Engineering first year.As his period was just after lunch I used to feel sleepy and used to sit in the back seats purposely.Later on in year 1965 he posted me to ATRAULI District near Aligarh.I was holding the charge of Tube well sub division.There were Bijauli ,Chharra and Atrauli sections in my sub division.Here the tube wells were mostly Horizontal and there maintenance was difficult .I worked with J E and sometimes with mistries also.I had got no ego problem if I mixed with lower staff and as such got respect from the lower staff and the work progressed well. My car was very Lucky and such this car was being used for Field work also at Atrauli.The tube wells here had a sump which was about 20 to 30 feet deep .The horizontal motors were fixed on the base about 30 feet deep in the sump of the tube wells.These sumps were usually filled with water and dewatering was resorted to save the motor from burning.I had ta solved these problems quite efficiently with the help of my staff .My JES were very hard working and I used to be with them on inspection from 7 am some times up to night .There was JEs of mechanical as well as civil side.Every tube well had about 2 miles of GUL (WATER CHANNEL).The alignment of the GUL was usually from higher to lower land so that water could take its own course and the fields could get water for irrigation.The service roads and village roads used to be Kacha.Some times my car or jeep used to got stuck in the mud and even then we used to work against all the odds.
I remember that once I was driving my car from Aligarh to Atrauli and the tank of my car was empty .So I had filled the tank with kerosene oil but my car after covering some distance stopped as its engine was seized.I repented .I was carrying a cash chest and I had to distribute the pay to staff that is to Tube well operators.My car was pulled by bullock cart I reached Atrauli Inspection House very late at night.As I was late the staff got annoyed and they refused to receive their pay and I was kept as hostage .All the staff was requested that this wuold not happen again. But my this promise did not work.On this I i returned back to Aligarh and the staff reported to the CM and DM.Although the staff has signed the pay roll but if they did not receive it I could not write in the cash book.The Ziledar was requested to take pay as he was leader and as soon he accepted the pay he was thrashed by the operators but all the staff accepted their pay.My SE also helped me at that difficult time.I thanked the staff and soon after this incident I took leave and came to Delhi for rest as I was so much stressed.
After some time I Got the complaint that Sh Madho Ram JE was taking commission from the villagers to construct the water channel to their Fields for irrigation.An inquiry was being conducted in presence of Sh Kalyan Singh who was a social worker and teacher at that time.The villagers were being asked to testify that they gave the undue gratification to J E .I proposed that first ball the complainant would recognise the J E to whom the had given the bribe.It was strange that one of the villager pointed out towards SE late Sh R N Tandon that he was JE .Due to this fabrication and false testimony the JE was Spared otherwise some punishment would had been given to the erring JE.Later on Sh Kalyan Singh ji became CM of UP.I still respect him although I had been retired and now this matter pertains to the period about 42 years back
Continuing...........

1 comment:

behind the black door said...

your posts are amazing sir.
huge fan!