These are excerpt from my life experiences.

Tuesday, December 18, 2007

First Posting at Mainpuri (UP)

As I had been posted in Mainpuri and remained there for about 3 years as such so many incidents took place.One day as I was sleeping in my office come residence I heard somuch noise at midnight and soon a shot came in the darkness and hit the wooden cash chest.On hearingthe gun shots my security guards challenged and seeing that some guards were there the robbers ran away from there .In the morning when I woke up and heard that the robbers struck the Punjabi Mohalla nearby and that they had hit so many residents who were sleeping at roofs of their residences.The residents were injured as they were hit by some blunt iron rodes at their head while sleeping.As the police inquiry progressed it was told by the DSP that the robbers came towards my house also but on being challenged could not harm me and my staff. The police dog came to my residence after sniffing .On that day I also thanked GOD as I along with my staff was saved and no harm was done .
At Mainpuri one incident took place at Dannahar site also.As the excavation work was in progress and the machines were doing work on the bank of the main canal the operator of dragline machine needed the jack and he told the the then truck driver on the other side of the canal to send the same .Our helper tied the jack with his waist and jumped in the canal thinking that he would safely swim the canal but as the bad luck would have it that he could not come out of the water as the canal was very deep and that the helper was drowned.At this the whole staff was panicked and the villagers also ran to save the helper.Alas he could not be saved and the helper belonged to the same village and the operator was belonging to the minority community.This tragic event took the communal turn and I had to call the police and PAC and so many staff were rescued from the anger of the villagers .The villagers took the body of that helper and brought to my residence and demanded justice to which I tactfully handled the situation and it was decided to hold inquiry under works men compensation act.As the departmental inquiry was being conducted by my Executive Engineer in the division office and the statements were being recorded on the tape recorder.One of the villager asked what that machine was supposed to be to this querry steno of Executive engineertold them that machine was for recording their statements and these would be produced in the courts when needed.On hearing that they caught hold of that recorder and thrown that on the ground breaking into pieces .All the villagers then left the office and the inquiry could not be conducted.When the matter was in the Court it was correlated with as the railway line where if any body crosses the railway line and the train comes in that case the railway is not responsible in the same manner when there was overhead canal bridge across the canal and in that case the helper should had used the bridge .It was written in bold letters that to cross the canal was dangerous.Later on when I was transferred from Mainpuri I got the news that court had not given any relief to the family members .On hearing that I felt very sad as I wanted that some compensation should had been given.
Our the other site was also not safe and once it was reported that robbers had stolen the govt. diesel from the Dhandhos site.On inquiry I found that robbers took about 2 drums of diesel and that they had marry time and asked the staff to prepare food for them.The canal staff and chawkidar could not do any thing as all the staff used to afraid of them.The robbers had no fear of law .Once I ran after the motorcycle who had taken a litre of petrol and fallowed him by jeep and caught hold of him .He felt sorry and gave back the petrol.The point was that we could control the crime if all the staff and police cooperate.in those days also.
I was astonished to find that my cook SH. Anokhey Lal knew only to prepare Arar Ki Dal and LOKI and rice and chapaties.He remained with me for years together .One day I heard that he was a great deco it and was very much infamous.but I was not knowing about his history.Some of relatives used to tell me that my cooks eyes were very fearful and they got frightened by his looks.He was very much simple and very much dedicated and he used to take his meals only after I had taken the meals .I used to advise him that he should take the meals if I was late at site .But he never acted according to my advise and remained hungry .He was so dedicated that he was transferred to place where ever I was transferred.Later on I lost track of that noble person.

No comments: