These are excerpt from my life experiences.

Wednesday, December 19, 2007

First Posting at Mainpuri (UP)

In those days the relation between officers and subordinates used to be very much cordial.One example me the then executive engineer told me that there was the picture Sangam released at Delhi cinema .It was his words and the whole family and myself made a programme to have a trip to Delhi.I took out my car and that my officer had also took out his car for this trip.Executive engineer was accompanied with his family his son his daughter in law and her sister and the two kids.This idea was also connected that we could arrange the urgent spare parts from Delhi.On reaching Delhi all the family just put up in our small house in Bara Hindu Rao Delhi.My Bauji suggested me that I should arrange the accommodationof my EE at some hotel because there were two reasons one that my EE was a non vegetarian and he used to drink and smoke also and that ours was a small house to accomodate them.All these things were prohibited in our house.So as per his suggestion my EE shifted to hotel near Novelty cinema.We all visited Birla Mandir and then went to chandni chawk.As they were shopping one of grand son was left in the shop and when we noticed that the small kid was missing the daughter in law of EE was shocked and she began to run towards the shop where she left her son .But alas it was too late and the shop was closed .She was crying and running like mad woman and all of us were also running through the bazaar.One of the onlooker asked me that what had happened?I replied that one child was lost.After some time one idea stucked in my mind that we should find out from the police station which was located near the Gurdwara Shish Ganj in chandni chawk .As we entered in the police station we found the child named Sonu.We requested the police officer to hand over the child but he refused to oblige us as he wanted the identification by some Delhi resident.So I witnessed and gave the certificate that I knew the child and the family .After satisfying and completing the formalities the child was handed over to us.As this tragidywas over the second tragidy occur ed.Now the younger sister of daughter in law was lost she was about 19 years old and was also new to Delhi.We started to find her and we soon noticed that she was busy in purchasing some novels on the pavement.I was nervous and was thinking why at all I had brought them to Delhi .Any way we all came to our Bara Hindu Rao home and we went to temple and distributed Prasad and that day was Tuesday also.We then started our journey to Bareilly as my EE belong to that district.On pour back journey we stayed at Rampur for one night.My EE belong to Bihari Pur Dhal Mohalla near Qutab Khanna crossingHis house was a nice place and it got a basement and it was difficult to come out if lost in the same building. As my boss was a civil engineer and knew too much as he was promoted to the post of EE from JE.He told me that once he hid himself inside his own house and nobody could find him .He was Kayasth saxena and their eating habits were different from that ours .In the evening he used to take some wine and non veg or veg diet as per need .He was of very jolly nature and used to sing .I remember he used to sing the sang of Sangam picture " Har Dil JO pyar Kare ga woh Gana gayega' etc and he was very active at the retiring age also.'After some time staying at Bareilly he made a visit to LOHIA HEAD near Pilibhit.as we had some machines at this site also which were to be carted to Mainpuri.These machines were used work at Nanaksagar dam"s construction near Bareilly.We had returned back to Mainpuri with satisfied frame of mind and started working with zeal as we had enough spare parts to tackle the break downs .After working under him I had learnt a great deal .He taught me how to handle the work.He gave me the C R which had all the excellent remarks and that I had handled the mechanical work efficiently and brought the machines on strong footing.Such was my first officer and I now pay my respects to the departed soul.

No comments: