These are excerpt from my life experiences.

Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Roorkee University in year 1959 onwards

Continuing the first year in the engineering was very crucial and there were huge books relating to all the subjects as this was supposed to be common year for all branches.I had to rush to different classes and tutorial classes.The most difficult for me was higher maths.We had to attend workshop. mechanical lab smithy and carpentry and photo lab for blue prints and at the evening rather night astronomical survey and strength of material labs.I forgot that we used to attend the NCC and rifle training .During the parade we were also taught how to defend our nation and during the war how to control and keep our nation and be alert from the within and civil defence etc.The best cadet award were also given to the deserving candidate.I remember that best cadet award was given to Sh V K Gupta our batch mate.Now I have lost track of Mr Gupta. Hopefully he must had out shined in his respective Field.Some of our old Friends were Mr.VK Gupta,Mr M.P Singh (C-1)JagRoshan Lal, Antomal Jain Mr G R Madan.VR Ranjan Garg,Manohar Lal Arora,Motilal,Jain Rk Garg , Rangi Lal Gupta,Madan Lal Dhingra,Sawami Saran ,B B K Lavania,Sc Kulshrshta,PK Mahajan,SC Gupta,PksawamiDin Dayal, DcRastogi,Mr Madhar,Ram saran,HB Karki,Edward Mussazi,Ranjit Singh,( all civil side) M N Kumra (senior) Ashok Malhotra My room mate in the first year ,Sh UK kohli Ramesh R N GOYAL From Electrical side and Mr Thadani,DV singh ,Naresh , Satish , Mechanical, Mr Pusker Nath Tiwari from electrical, Mr Vinod Virmani tele communication and Mr H.C Narang ( Tele communication) I also knew Mr Mahinder Kumra a senior and the class fellow of my elder brother Sh D V Sethi during school days and I also knew his Cousin sister Miss Rekha Kumra of tele com first year .I had heard the names of some girl students and the names were like Miss Shiromani Agarwal , Rekha Kumra ,Saroj Anand etc.Sh Mahesh Tandon and JN Tandon (all civil)Sh Jasbir Singh Arch.First year GD Singh (civil) Mr Sohal ( mech) Mr Malguria , Mr Jamwal,,MBL Agarwal (civil)Now I had lost all the track of old friends. I hope all must had exelled in their profession.Now I shall jump on to Azad Bhawan during secon year of my engineering Continued ..........

No comments: