These are excerpt from my life experiences.

Friday, December 14, 2007

First Posting at Mainpuri (UP)

I got my first appointment letter from UP Public Service Commision and posted in Lower Ganga Canal Division 2 Mainpuri.This town was never heard by me and it was a great surprise to me.Once I had heard that Mainpuri was famous for thugs and decoits.So I was cursing my luck that I got a small placeon the first posting.I requested my eldest brother to accompany me to that fearful place.My brother told me that I would not to worry at all So we both took ours the old model car it was Landmaster black in color.We reached Mainpuri via Agra ,Firzabad and Shikohabad.We put up in office cum residence near Taparia mill on station road Mainpuri. This was a huge house having 4 to 5 big rooms.We had got only a suitcase and a bedding kit .We were in a fix where we should put our luggage as the house was too big for us.Any way we settled in one room keeping the other rooms empty.We were also astonished that we were having 5 to 6 persons at our beck and call.Mine was a mechanical sub division and I had got 2 E and M supervisors One Sub Divisional Clerk, one peon , one Duffedar , one burkandaz and 3 to 4 runners for distributing dak.There was one jeep two trucks ( Dodge,one bedfordtruck) .I was in charge of mechanical subdivision.In my subdivision there two sites one at Danahar and other at Dhandos at main Kanpur branch canal.As at that time the canal was being widened and the remodelling work of the canal was in full swing .Here it was worth mentioning that I being Civil engineer was given work of mechanical sub division.There was one workshop equipped with Lathe machine, drilling machine , one shaper , one milling machine,welding and all the mechanical stores and there was a store keeper to supervise the workshop.In the Field there was two drag lines one was of BLACK WOOD HODGE make and other Tata P and H model.two bull doze rs D-7 make.In those days the work was in full swing I had to live about 10 days at Dannahar and !0 at Dhandhos site and rest at headquarters Mainpuri.There was so many mechanical staff like mechanics drag line operators drivers of tractors and bull doze rs helpers.Or operation of machines I had to fetch the diesel and other lubricants from Delhi All the diesel and lubricants were carted by Govt Trucks and Some times I also accompanied the trucks to Delhi and return after the work toMainpuri .My interest in those days was that by doing so I had a chance to meet my parents at Delhi.Continued.......

No comments: