These are excerpt from my life experiences.

Tuesday, December 18, 2007

First Posting at Mainpuri (UP)

After the incident where my driver had given the lift to wrong persons and said sorry for his folly was satisfied .Another incident took place which had shaken my my confidence at that tome.One day my cook returned late at night from the canal colony and told me that he was robbed of his all cash and watch etc and he came with only underwear and undershirt. On seeing his condition i enquired from him what had happened, then , he told me that as he was returning from Canal colony road 2-4 people had surrounded him and scnatched all his belongings but anyhow he was spared to go back home. I was not believing his story and I tried to make experiment by myself. I was invited by my Exe. engineer at his residence in canal Colony the next day. After the dinner, he offered me that I could take the jeep and go home to which I declined and told him that I could go back on foot to my residence which was near to the station in Taparia Mill Mohala. As I started from his residence and was passing through the lonely stretch, I noticed a person appearing from the bushes and asked me where I was going. I replied him that I was going to Taparia Mill Mohala near on the station road. That man also started walking with me , as we both had walked for about 200 meters on the lonely road, I noticed another person appearing from the bush and he asked both of us where we were going. to his query, the person accompanying me already replied that I was going to Taparia Mill and that he was also accompanying me. To this the second stranger started walking towards my right side and we all 3 were walking towards the main road in the dark. At this moment I thought my cook was perfectly telling the truth and now I had invited the trouble intentionally. Then, I thought the age of these 2 people is much more than mine as I was only 22 years at that time and those 2 were in the age group of 30 to 35. Without losing time I started running with a great speed towards the main road calling out for a cyclist on the main road," Stop" "Stop"............!!!!
The 2 strangers ran after me but could catch me. As soon as the cyclist saw that 3 people were running for him, he paddled as fast as he could. after reaching the main road, I saw some people were sitting on the road side well warming themselves around the bonfire. At this point the strangers thought that I had safely reached the town and they stopped running after me. The conclusion is that the Mainpur area was not safe in those days.
Continued...................

No comments: