These are excerpt from my life experiences.

Sunday, December 9, 2007

Roorkee University in year 1959 onwards

During the tenure of Kalsi camp of surveying we enjoyed the life the most and learnt the surveying work .We were divided in 5 to 6 students groups for surveying and used to live in tents and in the morning till evening we used to do surveying work on the hilly terrain and then we used to compile the readings and plot on the drawing sheets.At night we used to roam about in the small village named as CHUHAR PUR nearby.There were hilly roads and narrow hilly tracks and small river was also flowing. At night we used to burn timber bone fire so that jackals and other wild animals could not come near us.At night as we strolled we could find a hardly any body on the road.some of the villagers might drink wine at night do save them from cold whether.I remember when I was just passing at night a person was drunk and was unable to control and walking with his leg's tumbling.I just met one of neigbhour on the hills of Kalsi .He was a doctor and our next door neighbour in ALIAS BUILDING NAI BASTI IN BARA HINDU RAO NEW DELHI.His daughter "s name was Munni and she Know me .During survey work all my team went to his house just and talked welfare.Years Had passed and I lost track of that family but I utter few words in respect to that family.While returning from the survey camp I along with my friend saw Picture KOHI NOOR and that was my first picture in life in picture hall at Dehradun.Due to so much interest I saw another show the same day .I got headache and vomiting and came back to Roorkee and rested and got treatment for few days.I rather hate seeing picture but rarely saw them.Another picture I saw in those days was MUGHAL E AZAM
in Roorkee Talkies near the Centenary GAte of Roorkee University.It was a nice movie in those days.During stay at Dehradun I met our friend of pre partition named Bholu.His father had a great business of sweats and was famous as SARNI HALWAI.His KUT LAME were famous dish in good olden days.These KutLAME were just like Puries but made with desi ghee and ptato curry.Now again I lost track of of our family' s oldest friends.I rather wish to meet them which I think is my wishful thinking.During second year the studies were tough as usual and we used to study at night mostly I remember one tea shop near the University Gate which was opened throughout the whole night and the groups of students went there when ever they felt sleep and used to be fresh again.Once I took a tablet RITALIN an anti sleep tablets and I studied the whole night but I remember when I sat for exam. I was slept for 15 minutes but the teacher shrugged me and I started to solve the paper.From that date onward I never took any nasty medicine for avoiding the sleep.I was told by doctor also to avoid such medicines.I used to attend the hydrology classes and lab which was near the Azad Bhawan.
CONTINUING........................

No comments: