These are excerpt from my life experiences.

Monday, December 29, 2008

PWD EXECUTIVE ENGINEER MURDER CASE IN UP

Recently I read the shocking news of murder of Executive Engineer of PWD department of UP by some MLA of Aurya near Kanpur.As per news he denied to pay some collection to be deposited in party fund of BSP.This shows that there is a exhortion spree in UP.

This practice should be banned as this leads to all round corruption and the honest engineers cannot servive. In the past there was one incident in which one engineer in Bihar was murdered as he could not pull along with the politically sponcerred contactors.As a matter of fact if the engineer sticks to the specications and tries to get the quality of work then in that case he becomes the target and all the scruplious cantacters having links with the politcal persons become his enemy.So in that case an engineer should get himself tranferred in the safe pockets within the departments concerned instead of getting involved by taking posting in feild where there is public dealings and an engineer comes in contact with the public and the sponcered contractors politically.I remember on instance when I was not bowing to the wishes of the politically motivated contractors I was getting threatening letters with no name and address.The letter was a filthy in language and abuses and in that letter I was threatened that my son and daughter would be killed and that if did not get myself transferred .Out of fear I shifted my children to some other state with my brother and I used to take a secruity while going for inspection.I did not bow to the fearful tactics and did my normal duties.Once I got a news that some persons had stollen cement from the store and approached the police and the area MLA I was shocked to note that police had arrested a monor for stealling the cement and the rumour went that the stollen cement was the handy work of the contactor and the MLA.THe matter ended that the shortfall of cement was made good by the contractor.Once an MLA told me that major work of developments should be done in his constituency as he was to fight election in his constituency and that funds were sanctioned for whole of disrict and not for that partcular constttuency to this he remarked that I should not try to avoid or surpass his orders and that I should be aware that one MLA had about 3 lac voters and the MLA rules on those voters minds and If I dared in that case I could not do service in his constituency and that I would be in trouble.So I made up my mind that I would not serve in that particular area and I got myself transferred in planning and design department.So by using this tactics I any how completed my 33 years service and got promotions through court so I could save my life and self esteem.During the end of service I made request that I should be given some posting near Delhi but it happened just the reverse I was given the marching orders to join duties at Gorakhpure away from Delhi near Nepal border.I repented to make such a request of Delhi posting .The orders of transfer were so harsh that stated that if I could not join the new posting I would be suspended forthwith.So in this way anyhow I COULD SAVE MY PENSION.Had I not joined I would have been suspended and would be getting only 90% pension and in that case who bothers if one was suspended at fag end of service.I also know that sometimes one has to supress emotions but have to obey orders in the interest of the Govt.If one has opted service in that case as the saying goes that NAUKER HAI TO NACHA KAR is perfectly true and it applies to all univrsally.While on the other hand the business man is the master of his whole show.In service one cannot put his son or daughetr in the same service while on the other hand if the son or daugher can inherite the same business and earn living.During service a service people remains hand to mouth and can make both ends meet and the only advantage is that he can give good education to his children.THE bare fact is that there are advanges and disadvanges in all walks of life.

No comments: