These are excerpt from my life experiences.

Thursday, November 29, 2007

Roorkee University in year 1959 onwards

During first year of engineering we stayed in C Block Hostel.Every room was twin sharing basis.We used to get up early and used to go to mess and our classes used to start at 8 am I had a bicycle for attending classes which were located in different blocks and these buildings were at distance of half to one furlong apart.After attending the classes there used to be tutorial classes in the evening.I had a interest in games and Gymnastics was my favourite.I could do exercise on Parallel Bars and Horizontal Bars and some of the floor exercises.I was appointed as the Secretary of Gymnastics.For gymnastics I got the colour from the University.In summer we had white dress and in winter We used to wear Blue blazer and tie and we used to feel pride when we wore the University dress with Lion mark embosed on the pocket of coat and written as University of Roorkee.1 year/2/final year .During holidays I used to come to home bringing so many books but I remembered it was a futile exercise as I did not open the books and just showed to the parents that we were over burdend with studies.Each time I came to home my bhabhiji used to say "Oh my son has reduced and as if I remained empty stomach in the University" As a matter of fact all the mothers think like and this is a universal truth.I bow my head in respect to my mother as I remembered him .May her noble soul rest in peace under the feet of The Almighty.I pay my heart felt sincere shardanjali to my mother .I still remember the winter night journey by train to Roorkee.The train
usecd to reach Roorkee at 4 am and the stopage as only 5 minutes and we used to throw the luggagenummed due to cold.Once I saw a picture in the Defence Cinema and The picture was HORRORS OF DRACULA and I was caming returning to my hostel I was so terrified and the picture scenes came to my eyes as if Dracula was coming out of the bushes in the nightand the scene of sucking blood from the neck flashes from my eyes. This was all the illusions and hellocinations withuot any back ground.I had a great memory at that time which has been reduced as the time passed.In the first year I felt a great difficulty in higher maths.I wondered that a teacher Mr Garg was M.Sc. Maths and taught us Maths and a student sitting next to me was also M.Sc. Maths and while I was only 10 plus 2.Any how I had do the great efforts and was successful in the First year { civil}

No comments: