These are excerpt from my life experiences.

Friday, November 30, 2012

DIAMOND and GOLDEN JUBILEE ALUMNI MEET 2012 in IITR Formerly University of Roorkee

As I received the invitation to attend the diamond and golden celebrations in Roorkee I was in the seventh heaven of delight .I told this fact to my wife and son  and they readily accepted my this proposal.I am grateful to my wife that in spite of being not in good health agreed to attend this function .I am saying so because in Feb  she had a severe brain stroke and by the grace of God she was treated in Max Hospital and recovered and less damage is done .The doctors say that full recovery is achieved with the passage of time,I am also thankful to Sh.R K . SABHERWAL  BE MECHANICAL 1963 BATCH who accepted to attend  the above function.So we started from Delhi at 6.30 am on 24Th  Nov  and reached Meerut at 8Am and then from Meerut to Roorkee at 11 Am .We had a TATA  Arya car and the roads are good so we enjoyed the journey .On arrival at Roorkee we were received by Alumni  and staff members.We were allotted two rooms  in  Khosla International House ( Formerly Afro Asian Hostel.We were given a kit containing Momonto diary gifts on the first day.We had lunch and dinner and tea and snacks and settled .On 25 Th visited Anushruti  and attended Annual day celebrations and 63 rd Annual General Body Meeting .In the elections for members of executive committee I have also been nominated as nominative member for year 2013 - 2014..Shri R.K Sabherwal was nominated from Mech year 1063 batch.We took part in games and cultural programmes ,The programme was so nice that I could not resist my feeling and started dancing on the tune of song and Qwali being sung with rhythm.We received facilitation's from President of Alumni Association.This function ended with vote of thanks to the chair.We met most of our old friends and batch mates and old fond memories gave us sublime pleasures of the old golden days when we were at this University of Roorkee about 50 years ago.

No comments: