These are excerpt from my life experiences.

Friday, September 23, 2011

Journey from to Lucknow to Jhansi during the disturbances on account of demolition of Babri Masjid

In those days I was posted at Jhansi and had gone to Lucknow on official duty.There I finished my job and was returning to Jhansi by Sabarmati Express I got reservation in three tier boogie in upper berth as I entered the train I saw so many kar Sewak who were returning after the demolition of Babri mosque in Ayodhaya three or four sewaks were sitting on my berth and I requested them to please vacate the berth as I wanted to sleep on that berth to this remark they told that it was their berth and I had to accommodate them on the above berth there was no place to sleep in any berth in my compartment and I remained standing throughout the night prior to reaching Jhansi I thanked them that they did not throw me out of the train this was the state of affairs and which no body can believe on reaching Jhansi I heaved a sigh of relief During those days of disturbances so many kar sawaks started processions at Jhansi also and so curfew was imposed . So many government officials were given the duty of the magistrate duty's to curb the disturbances and to maintain peace when I remember those days I feel this should not happened in name of religion.Actually this theory of divide and rule was devised by the Britishers and where there was temple and mosque existed side by side the Britishers took advantage and tried to incite the different communities to rule on our mother land.All this happened after 6Th December 1992

No comments: